Monday, August 10, 2009

Daze Like Today Can Really Open Your Eyes.

I woke up in a good mood, not tired and got ready for work in a timely manner. Enjoyed some new records with a bowl of cereal then hit the road to the shop. A bit of a windy ride, but made it early and not to sweaty. Did pretty well at the shop. I believe I did 8 piercings. Two of them were sets of ear lobes. Made up for not doing a thing yesterday. Went to Pizza Kiln. Vegan pizza with friends is always a must. Came back to my apartment, some of my friends hadn't seen it yet. Just sat around, shot the shit and listened to some records.They were all pretty stoked on my place. As lame as it may sound that made me feel real good about myself. I often find myself sitting alone, thinking about my situation. And I wonder where it all came from. It's very humbling. I'm 20 and have an awesome apartment, a great career, awesome friends, I'm in the best shape of my life, and am totally on track with my life. Things like this hit you like a ton of bricks and puts things into perspective. I remember talking about living in Downtown for the longest time. I remembering saying I'd move out of my friends parents house, and be piercing full time. I know I won't always have days like this, but I do know I can't let the bad ones get to me. I've been doing that a lot. Letting things get me down. But not today. Today has totally lifted my spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment